Dominique Ansel Las Vegas officially opened its doors inside of Caesars Palace on Friday, October 21, with the first 100 guests receiving a special gift to celebrate the occasion. Additionally, Chef Dominique Ansel and Caesars Entertainment executives were joined by a traditional Caesars Palace Royal Court procession to unveil the bakery, ceremonially toasting with the chef's signature Cookie Shots to commemorate the opening.
“Chef Dominique Ansel is one of the most esteemed pastry chefs in the world,” says Caesars Entertainment regional president Sean McBurney. “The opening of his bakery has been a long time coming. His creations are the perfect addition to our extraordinary culinary offerings at Caesars Palace.”
Chef Dominique Ansel created signature pastries exclusively for Caesars Palace, including a Cronut® flavor that changes each month and never repeats. The first featured Cronut® flavor is Lucky Cherry Chambord and Caramelia. Available through November 30, the pastry is filled with cherry Chambord jam and Valrhona Caramelia (caramelized milk chocolate) ganache.
Joining the popular Cronut is a new “Lucky 7” collection, available exclusively at Dominique Ansel Las Vegas, that symbolizes good fortune and includes:
- Lucky Penny Pig – Milk chocolate crémeux, homemade raspberry jam and salted peanut feuilletine are sandwiched between vanilla sablé cookies to create a pig, which is topped with a lucky gilded chocolate penny
- Ladybug – Elderflower mascarpone mousse, fresh strawberry compote, strawberry gelée, fluffy chiffon cake and a lychee meringue make up a mini garden watering can, which is finished with a tiny chocolate ladybug
- Goldfish – Tropical flavors of calamansi coconut mousse, fresh diced mango, mango passionfruit gelée and coconut dacquoise make up a goldfish, complete with hand-painted white chocolate fins
- Four-Leaf Clover – Coffee mousse topped with hazelnut dacquoise, dark chocolate crémeux and crispy feuilletine create a four-leaf clover
- Fortune Cookie – A sablé Breton base is topped with jasmine tea crémeux and lemon curd. A white chocolate "fortune" sticks out of the cookie, wishing luck in Las Vegas
- Feather – A vanilla sablé cookie is topped with chestnut mousse, banana jam, orange marmalade and banana cake and is garnished with a white chocolate feather
- Evil Eye Éclair – A classic French éclair is filled with cassis jam and Valrhona Caramelia whipped ganache
“I’m so thrilled to finally bring Dominique Ansel Las Vegas to life and have a home here at Caesars Palace,” says Chef Dominique Ansel. “We’ve been so honored and humbled to welcome guests from all around the world. For each of our shops, we strive to make each menu unique, and we hope our ‘Lucky 7’ pastry collection will bring some good fortune to everyone here. I can’t wait to share what we have planned for our future menu creations.”