James Beard Award-winning pastry chef Dominique Ansel, the creator of the famed Cronut pastry, will debut Dominique Ansel Las Vegas inside Caesars Palace on Friday, October 21.
Chef Dominique will bring his signature creations to the Las Vegas Strip, including the aforementioned Cronut, the popular DKA (Dominique's Kouign Amann), Frozen S’mores, the Cookie Shot, freshly baked French viennoiserie and the new “Lucky 7” collection – a set of pastries as unique as Las Vegas. The collection includes:
- Lucky Penny Pig – Milk chocolate crémeux, homemade raspberry jam and salted peanut feuilletine are sandwiched between vanilla sablé cookies to create a pig, which is topped with a lucky gilded chocolate penny
- Ladybug – Elderflower mascarpone mousse, fresh strawberry compote, strawberry gelée, fluffy chiffon cake and a lychee meringue make up a mini garden watering can, which is finished with a tiny chocolate ladybug
- Goldfish – Tropical flavors of calamansi coconut mousse, fresh diced mango, mango passionfruit gelée and coconut dacquoise make up a goldfish, complete with hand-painted white chocolate fins
- Four-Leaf Clover – Coffee mousse topped with hazelnut dacquoise, dark chocolate crémeux and crispy feuilletine create a four-leaf clover
- Fortune Cookie – A sablé Breton base is topped with jasmine tea crémeux and lemon curd. A white chocolate "fortune" sticks out of the cookie, wishing luck in Las Vegas
- Feather – A vanilla sablé cookie is topped with chestnut mousse, banana jam, orange marmalade and banana cake and is garnished with a white chocolate feather
- Evil Eye Éclair – A classic French éclair is filled with cassis jam and Valrhona Caramelia whipped ganache
The first 100 guests at the new bakery will receive a commemorative gift in celebration of the opening.
“We’re thrilled to open our newest shop at Caesars Palace and be back out West,” says Chef Dominique Ansel. “In addition to bringing some of our signatures from New York, I’m most excited to launch our newest creations for everyone. Like each of our shops around the world, we’ve developed a collection of pastries that will be exclusive to Las Vegas, and I can’t wait to meet everyone and share what we’ve created with you all.”
Spanning more than 1,100 square feet, Dominique Ansel Las Vegas will offer a retail area and café-style seating for 20. The warm, inviting space will feature whimsical globe light fixtures hanging from the ceiling and décor elements in the brand’s signature orange color. Guests will smell the aroma of Dominique Ansel Las Vegas throughout Caesars Palace, with items baked fresh daily in the new state-of-the-art kitchen.
“We are honored to have Chef Dominique join our culinary empire with the upcoming opening of Dominique Ansel Las Vegas,” says Caesars Entertainment regional president Sean McBurney. “In the same way Caesars Palace continues to set the standard on The Strip, Chef Dominique Ansel delivers innovative creations with his unparalleled talents. We are excited to offer the opportunity for guests to enjoy his signature pastries here in Las Vegas.”