Image courtesy of Uber
A little more than a year ago, Uber debuted its food delivery app UberEATS. Now more than 40,000 foodservice establishments globally bring food to customers via the app.
This third-party delivery service connects customers to local businesses, including many bakeries, and nearly one third (31 percent) of Americans who use a food delivery app say they use these services at least twice a week.
The popularity continues to grow, which is forcing companies to upgrade their services. In UberEATS’ case, that means features such as tailored recommendations, better filtering, and real-time order tracking.
A summary of the new features:
- See tailored recommendations – Machine learning will help surface recommendations like customers’ go-tos, 30 minute delivery options, and popular options near them based on past orders and details like time of day and delivery location.
- Filtering - Customers can look up restaurants according to specific criteria like speed, price, and dietary constraints.
- Customize the drop-off – Customers can determine exactly how they’d like their food dropped off, with specific instructions.
- Order tracking – Customers watch in real time as their food is prepared, picked up, and delivered.
- Order scheduling – UberEATS has introduced the ability to schedule an order ahead of time. Customers can schedule an order anytime up to an hour before the desired delivery window–and as far as a week out.