A new survey conducted by fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Ipsos, a leading research firm, set out to answer the question, does everyone still love milk and cookies? The survey results found that 84% of Americans agree that milk and cookies are still a classic holiday duo, and 77% saying they plan on indulging in holiday cookies this season.
For those who feel like celebrating their milk and cookie obsessions a little differently this year, fairlife offers a cookie cup recipe that flips the script when it comes to the duo.
Cookie Cups and Milk
2 1/2 cups, fairlife 1% ultra-filtered milk
- Special equipment: 2 non-stick cookie shot glass pans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini or traditional)
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium-size bowl. set aside.
- With a standing or hand-held electric mixer, thoroughly combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Let the mixer run on medium-low speed for at least 3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy, then add the egg and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the flour-salt mixture to the wet ingredients with the mixer speed on low. Mix until combined, then add the 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Set the cookie mold(s) on a baking sheet and lightly coat the inner cavities and inserts with non-stick spray. Fill each cavity with about 2 tablespoons cookie dough (approximately 1/2 full) and press the inserts into the center of the dough until they stop about 1/4-1/2 inch above the top of the pan.
- Put the baking sheet with mold(s) on the center rack of a preheated 350° oven for 18-20 minutes or until the rim of the cookies appear firm. When done, transfer the mold(s) to a cooling rack and let sit for at least 15 minutes before twisting each insert to release the cookies. Repeat steps 4 & 5 with the remaining dough.
- When the cookies are fully cooled, it’s time to make the chocolate shell filling. Combine the coconut oil and 1.5 cups chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-30-second increments until fully melted (stirring in between each microwave segment, do not over-heat). Pour roughly 1 tablespoon of the warm chocolate filling into each cookie and use an offset spatula or your finger to spread a thick layer around the entire interior. If desired, you can also dip the rim of the cookie cup in chocolate. Place the cookies upside down on a wire rack in a cool, dry place or in the fridge to fully set.
- When ready to serve, briefly chill the cookie cups and fill each one with 2 tablespoons fairlife ultra-filtered milk.