Pillsbury's Best™ Puff Pastry Dough Squares (05125) 1 lb 8.00 oz or 12 each
- Walnut halves 8 oz or 2 cups
- Dried cranberries 4 oz or 1 cup
- Golden raisins 4 oz or 1 cup
- Granulated sugar 2 oz or 1/4 cup
- Butter, unsalted, melted 2 oz or 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon, ground 1 tsp
- Kosher salt 1/8 tsp
- Honey 6 oz or 1/2 cup
- Water, hot approx. 120°F 4 oz or 1/2 cup
- Thaw puff pastry squares covered, either at room temp. 15-30 minutes until flexible, or refrigerate overnight.
- Add walnuts, cranberries, golden raisins, sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt in bowl of food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped; transfer to bowl and set aside until assembly.
- Add honey and hot water to either a pan for the stovetop or use a microwavable bowl.
- Heat and stir until well combined and incorporated; set aside to cool.
- Dock puff pastry and cut each square into 4 pieces.
- Press 1 piece (1/4 of square) into bottom and up sides of each sprayed mini muffin cup; top with #70 scoop of filling.
- Pack down filling with fingers and bake as directed below:
- Convection Oven 350°F for 14-16 minutes - Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 7 minutes of baking
- Standard Oven 400°F for 20-22 minutes
- Immediately after baking, spoon 1/2 tsp Honey Syrup over each baklava cup (still in pans) while hot.
- Remove cups from muffin pans and serve warm.
Tip: Top with additional chopped cranberries (1/2 tsp) for visual appeal, if desired.
Formulation courtesy of General Mills Foodservice