Makes 12 servings
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt, plus extra for topping
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup of Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips, by microwaving in 30 second increments and stirring in between.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips and stir. Allow this mixture to cool slightly while preparing the filling.
- In a small bowl mix together nut butter, vanilla extract, salt and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- If the Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips haven’t fully melted, return to microwave and heat in 5 second increments stirring in between until smooth, be careful not to overheat.
- Spoon about 2-3 teaspoons worth of melted chocolate into the bottom of the paper liner. Gently tilt and swirl chocolate to coat the bottom and 3/4 inch up the sides of the paper liner. Repeat with remaining paper liners and place in fridge until chocolate is set about 5 minutes.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of peanut butter filling into the cavity of each chocolate cup, spread to form an even layer.
- Add another 2-3 teaspoons of chocolate on top of nut butter filling and tap gently to spread chocolate over peanut butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and return to fridge for 10-15 minutes until chocolate is set.
Formulation courtesy of Ghirardelli Chocolate Company