Leading foodservice distributor US Foods has announced the launch of Fall Scoop 2020, titled “On Point with Off-Premise – Designed To Make It.” This special edition of Scoop features 14 products designed to address trends within off-premise dining related to the coronavirus pandemic such as labor-saving products perfect for DIY meal kits and products that will help ease diner safety and hygiene worries.
“The restaurant environment has changed immensely with the surge in off-premise dining, and the ability for restaurant operators to adapt with creativity, labor savings and safety in mind is more important than ever,” says Stacey Kinkaid, vice president, product development and innovation, US Foods. “With Fall Scoop, we’ve designed a targeted lineup of products to help restaurant operators turn obstacles into opportunities and convert these latest trends into profits.”
With more than 60% of diners interested in ordering a take-home DIY meal kit from restaurants, the Fall Scoop lineup includes a variety of preportioned, prepackaged ingredients ideal for creative takeout options in the form of DIY meal kits and offers operators labor savings, versatility and waste-reduction benefits. Among those are:
- Chef’s Line Portioned Cilantro Lime Riced Cauliflower – Preportioned in an 8-ounce microwavable bag, this on-trend riced cauliflower is cut to emulate the shape and texture of rice. It’s the ideal ingredient base for a DIY buildable bowl, taco or burrito meal-kit recipe. It’s mixed with extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, black pepper and sea salt.
- Patuxent Farms All Natural Sliced Fire Grilled Chicken Breast – Preportioned in an 8-ounce bag, this whole-muscle chicken breast is fully cooked and fire-grilled for premium flavor. Presliced, the chicken is great for any number of applications – including fajitas, salads and an array of take-home DIY meal-kit recipes.
- Monarch Portioned Fire Roasted Corn and Poblano Pepper Blend with Onions – Preportioned in an 8-ounce bag, this blend of supersweet corn, poblano peppers and onions is charred for a smoky-sweet fire-roasted flavor. This product is highly versatile as a side or DIY nacho, taco or burrito meal kit to go.
- Chef's Line Gluten-Free Italian Pizza Crust: Produced in Italy – A certified gluten-free pizza crust that can be a DIY meal-kit starter for take-home pizza nights. It is an approximately 10-1/2” thin crust made with buckwheat flour, potato starch, rice flour and Italian olive oil. It can be used in a wide variety of applications, including classic and dessert pizzas, strips for appetizers and chocolate fondue.
85% of consumers saying they would like restaurants to use tamper-evident labels. US Foods’ tamper-free takeout solutions look to help assure diners that their food is untouched while in transit. Among those are:
- Monogram Tamper Evident Bag – Virtually impossible to open without creating an obvious seal break, this product is a useful all-in-one to-go solution. Its size and wide opening can accommodate most dishes. It is also easy to carry and open by the diner.
- Monogram Tamper Evident Container – This recyclable, easy-to-close container has a tight perimeter seal. It is immediately obvious when the container has been opened, which helps to assure diners that their orders are safe and secure. The containers come in 12-ounce, 16-ounce and 32-ounce sizes.
- Monogram Tamper Evident Labels – Designed to stick well to nearly any container surface, hot or cold, the label provides a secure seal that causes tearing upon opening. The 2” X 4” label backs up the promise to diners that is scripted on the label design: “Sealed For Your Safety.”
76% of consumers report that a restaurant’s cleanliness and food-safety procedures matter more now than they did before. Fall Scoop offers several products to help operators meet immediate and longer-term diner-safety standards. Among those are:
- Monogram Individual Hand Sanitizer Gel – Designed for cleanliness and with the safety of diners in mind, this individual hand-sanitizer gel is clear, fragrance-free and contains 70% ethyl alcohol. It comes in single-use, portion-controlled pouches for easy distribution to diners eating in or taking out. Each pouch includes a barcode so that operators can also offer the product as an item to purchase.
- Monogram Medium Duty Scouring Pad –This unique, low-scratch dot technology pad is also dishwasher-friendly.