On Monday, March 2, leading foodservice distributor US Foods announced the launch of Spring Scoop, with the theme of “Raising the Bar: The Classics – Celebrated and Elevated.” The 25th edition of Scoop features products designed to help operators easily get creative and innovate with their menus, with elevated, upsell-worthy versions of their traditional fare.
Among the products are:
- Chef’s Line All Natural Seasoned Prime Rib Steak Burger
- Hilltop Hearth Premium Pimento Cheese Stuffed Pretzel Knot
- Devonshire Bomboloni (Fluffy doughnuts that can be used in a variety of applications such as sweet, savory or filled)
- Devonshire Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
- Chef’s Line All Natural Pulled Uncured Bacon
- Molly’s Kitchen Plant-Based Burger Patty
- Chef’s Line Gluten-Free Quinoa, Green Chickpea, Kale and Edamame Blend
Adding new items to the menu and elevating the classics with on-trend ingredients is critical to maintaining a competitive advantage in the foodservice industry. According to a recent US Foods survey, 54% of diners consider new menu items important to their decision when selecting a restaurant.
“Casual dining growth, including bar-and-grill, has not kept up with the competition of fast casual or fine dining so it’s more important than ever for neighborhood bar-and-grill operators to take a fresh look at their menu,” says Stacey Kinkaid, vice president, product development and innovation, US Foods. “With Spring Scoop, we’re making it easy for bar-and-grill operators to update their menu with new twists to their tried-and-true offerings that will appeal to both loyal and new customers. We’re also supporting operators with the right tools to help front-of-house staff sell new menu items and deliver the highest-quality experience every day.”