- 7oz (200g) raspberry purée
- 5.4 fl oz (160g) water
- 3 TBSP (30g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch
- 6oz (170g) RASPBERRY INSPIRATION
Almond Shortbread Dough
- 3/4 cup + 1 TBSP (180g) vegan butter*
- 2/3 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 1/8 cup (135g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (45g) almond flour
- 3 TBSP (28g) egg replace powder
- 2 fl oz (64g) water (for egg replacer powder)
- 2/3 cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup (263g) high gluten flour
- 7/8 cup (200g) ALMOND & HAZELNUT PRALINÉ
- 1 cup (100g) cereals
- 1.75oz (50g) ALMOND INSPIRATION
- Fresh raspberries
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Combine the raspberry puree and water in a pot and begin to heat.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- When the puree/water is warm, sprinkle in the dry mix, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil- cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt the RASPBERRY INSPIRATION in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals until just melted.
- Pour the hot liquid over the melted couverture in several additions, mixing well after each.
- Finish by processing with an immersion blender.
- Use warm or refrigerate and warm before pouring into shells.
Almond Shortbread Dough
- On the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the vegan butter, salt, sugar and almond flour.
- Mix until creamy.
- Add the water to the egg replacer powder and let set several minutes, then add to mixture and mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour first, mix, then add the high gluten flour and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Roll between parchment to 2mm and freeze until ready to use.
- On the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the almond praline until smooth.
- Melt the Almond Inspiration in a microwave-safe bowl, in 30-second intervals, until just melted- add to the praline.
- Crush the cereal into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Remove from bowl and place on parchment.
- Roll to a thickness of 3mm and freeze until ready to use.
Assembly & Finishing
- Line 3” (7.5 cm) perforated Valrhona tart rings with the almond shortbread dough and bake at 315˚F (157˚C) on a silpan lined perforated sheet pan until golden brown.
- When completely cool, cut a round of the praline crispy with a 2.5” (6cm) cutter and place in the bottom of the shell.
- The praline crispy should be kept frozen and handled when frozen as it becomes soft very quickly.
- Pipe the warm raspberry cream on top of the crispy to fill the shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut smaller rounds of the praline crispy (1.25”/3cm and 0.75”/2cm cutters) for garnish and place on top of the set raspberry cream.
- Finish with fresh and freeze-dried raspberry pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Formulation courtesy of Chef Sarah Tibbetts for Valrhona