2. Apply the striped pattern from Nautical Variety Designer Prints™ decorations around the sides of the cake.
3. Mix two batches of icing: red using DecoPac Super Red Premium Gel, and navy blue using a 3:1 ratio of Royal Blue to Violet.
4. Use white icing in a #2B large basketweave tip to pipe a bottom border.
5. Use navy icing in a #3 round tip to pipe the compass rose. TIP: start by piping a large “plus” sign, then piping an equally-sized “x” through the “plus” sign. Finish by piping the star outline evenly around the points.
6. Use red icing in a #5 round tip to pipe the directional letters of the compass points, as shown.
7. Use white icing in a #104 petal tip to pipe scallops around the edge of the top of the cake, between the compass point letters.
8. Use red icing in a #3 round tip to over-pipe the white top scalloped borders, as well as to pipe a small scalloped swag under the edge of the Designer Prints™ strips.
9. Finish by placing a captain’s wheel from Nautical Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations to the center of the compass rose.
To order everything you need to decorate this cake, please click here.Decorating idea courtesy of Lucks