2. Enrobe the cake with the medium shade of blue fondant.
3. Roll out the lightest sky blue fondant and cut a 2 1/2" wide strip with one wavy edge, long enough to wrap around your cake. Attach the strip around the base of your cake with a little water.
4. Roll out the darkest sky blue fondant and cut a 1 1/2" wide strip with one wavy edge long enough to wrap around your cake. Attach the strip with water, around the base of the cake over the light blue color.
5. Make some navy blue fondant with DecoPac Royal Blue and Black Premium Gel.
6. Make a twisted rope out of two long coils of navy blue and white fondant and wrap it around the base of the cake.
7. Roll out some of the darker sky blue fondant and cut out a large shape with an X-Acto knife. Make it a little smaller in size than the cake top, with a wavy edge as shown. Affix your piece to the top of the cake with a little water.
8. Roll out a piece of white fondant. Trim around the edge of the Anchor Edible Image® design and attach it to the fondant with a little water. Then cut your image out of the white fondant along the edge you just cut.
9. Finish by applying your fondant backed image to the top of your cake. For a smoother look, gently smooth down all of the cut edges of the fondant while it is still soft.
To order everything you need to decorate this cake, please click here.
Decorating idea courtesy of Lucks