The Bread Bakers Guild of America (BBGA) will be in Columbus on Sunday, November 5 for a day-long celebration of local grains farmed, milled and baked in Ohio. “From Cover Crop to Table Top: The Ohio Local Grain Economy,” exploring the state’s local grain economy, will take place from 10 am to 4 pm EST that day at Columbus State Community College.
Attendees will meet farmers, millers and bakers who are committed to regenerative agriculture and to delicious, nutritious breads and pastries made with heirloom and heritage grains. The day will include a panel discussion, baking demonstrations and a light breakfast and lunch.
- Michelle Ajamian / Shagbark Seed and Mill
- Bruce Asbury / Crust X Crumb
- Sarah Black of Sarah’s Breads
- Joe Bozzi of Local Millers
- Karen Bornarth of the Bread Bakers Guild of America
- Jay Brandt of Brandt Farm
- Jon Branstrator of Branstrator Farm
- Anson Clement
- Andrew Fisher of Good Hands Bread Company
- Spencer Saylor of Metro Cuisine and the founder of The Wizard of Za
- Matt Swint of Matija Breads
- Dario Torres of the Culinary Vegetable Institute
The cost of attending the event is $70 per person includes a light breakfast, lunch and programming, registration required.