The International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE) is catering to the needs of baking industry professionals in a variety of ways at its IBIE 2019 event in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 7-11. One of those ways is through two new state-of-the-art Artisan Marketplaces.
These interactive marketplaces will help artisan bakers to hone their skills, make connections, and grow their businesses, as well as help wholesale bakers to capitalize on this growing trend.
One of the two marketplaces is Crafted by the Bread Bakers Guild of America, featuring a uniquely designed environment inspired by the California Wine Country. It will focus on engaging bakers through live demonstrations with a full lineup of experts daily throughout the duration of the expo.
The speaker roster features renowned bakers such as:
- Stanley Ginsberg – Author: “The Rye Baker” and “Inside the Jewish Bakery”
- Nicky Giusto – Central Milling, Baking Team USA 2016
- Craig Ponsford – Artisan Baking Center; Ponsford’s Place; Baking Team USA 1996
- Leslie Mackie – Macrina Bakery; Author: “Leslie Mackie’s Macrina Bakery“ and “More From Macrina Bakery”
- Ciril Hitz – Johnson & Wales University; Baking Team USA 2002: Author: “Baking Artisan Breads” and “Baking Artisan Breads and Pastries
- Lauren Haas – Johnson & Wales University
- Martin Philip – King Arthur Flour; Author: “Breaking Bread: A Baker’s Journey In 75 Recipes”
- Matt McDonald – Aryzta/LaBrea Bread; contributor Bouchon Bakery Book
“IBIE is committed to showcasing industry trends such as the artisan baking movement by developing show features that provide attendees an innovative, hands-on experience,” says Joe Turano, IBIE Chair. “We’re particularly excited for these new Artisan Marketplaces because the learning opportunities will enhance attendees’ experience and leave bakers inspired and poised for success.”