- Pillsbury™ Bakers Plus Yellow Cake Mix (11391) 4 lb 8.00 oz or 1 box
- Lemon-flavored gelatin powder 12 oz or 1 1/2 cups
- Water, cool (approx. 72°F) 2 lb 8.00 oz or 5 cups
- Mascarpone cheese 4 lb 8.00 oz or 9 cups
- Pillsbury Ready-to-Spread Vanilla Icing (11216) 4 lb 8.00 oz or 7 1/4 cups
- Pour half of water ( 2 1/2 cups), cake mix and gelatin powder into mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment.
- Mix on low speed for 1 minute, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes; stop mixer, scrape bowl and paddle.
- Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water while mixing on low speed; stop mixer, scrape bowl and paddle.
- Mix on low speed 2 additional minutes. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Deposit #16 scoop of batter into paper-lined muffin pans; bake as directed below and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Bake as directed below:
- Convection Oven* - 300°F for 14-16 minutes
- *Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 7 minutes of baking.
- Standard Oven - 350°F for 16-18 minutes
- Mix Mascarpone cheese and vanilla icing in mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stop mixer, scrape bowl and paddle; mix until well-combined.
- Pipe approx. 2 oz onto completely cooled cupcakes and serve.
Formulation courtesy of General Mills Foodservice