Cincinnati’s iconic Busken Bakery has added innovative summer treats to the menu in the form of donuts stuffed with ice cream from regional companies Graeter’s and United Dairy Farmers (UDF).
The bakery’s new Halo donuts were first introduced on Saturday, July 13 and are being served out of its first food truck, which makes its way across the city. Each Halo is stuffed with Graeter’s or UDF ice cream and then hot pressed for a sealed, caramelized glaze.
Busken currently offers eight “original” flavors ($4) and three “signature” flavors ($6):
- Crown Jewel – Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip
- Spoiled Rotten – Blue Moo Cookie Dough
- Plain Jane – Vanilla
- Twilight Zone – Chocolate
- Pink Panther – Strawberry
- Green Lantern – Mint Chocolate Chip
- Yin & Yang – Cookies Cream
- Wake & Bake – Coffee
- Piggy-Licious – Maple Cinnamon Crunch, with candied bacon, maple syrup, and cinnamon sugar
- Strawberries & Cream – Vanilla, with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar
- Maysville Madness – Vanilla, with Busken Maysville fudge icing, brownie crumbles, walnuts, and bittersweet chocolate
The truck is currently open from noon-9 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, and noon-10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.