Luxury chocolatier Phillip Ashley Chocolates is helping Campbell’s celebrate America’s love of sides with a sweet limited-edition launch inspired by classic Campbell’s side dishes.
The Holiday Sides Collection is a six-piece ‘soup infused’ savory chocolate set inspired by iconic Campbell’s holiday recipes, including:
- Green Bean Casserole – This truffle brings out the umami flavors of the dish by featuring Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom condensed soup, green beans and onion infused sea salt in a dark chocolate fudge bonbon.
- Jalapeño Cheddar Mac & Cheese – This truffle features Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese soup, triple cream Brie and jalapeño-infused white chocolate ganache in a blond chocolate bonbon.
- Baked Corn Casserole – This truffle is composed of cornbread, sweet corn and Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup in a white chocolate bonbon.
- Hot Honey Mashed Sweet Potatoes – This truffle is composed of sweet potatoes, thyme, local Memphis hot honey, Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup and milk in a chocolate bonbon.
- Everything Bagel Mashed Potatoes – This truffle features a Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese soup caramel coated in a dark chocolate bonbon with everything bagel seasoning.
- Apple, Fennel & Herb Stuffing – A combination of rich flavor, this truffle contains roasted apples, fennel and Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup bread pudding in a blond chocolate bonbon.
“Creating out-of-the-box chocolate flavors that are delicious and tell a story is a true passion of mine,” says Phillip Ashley Rix, a 2023 James Beard Award semifinalist in the Outstanding Pastry Chef or Baker category. “There are so many stories that come from celebrating the holidays with loved ones. It has been an honor to create this new collection inspired by Campbell’s essential side dishes that every holiday dinner table should include.”
“Sides season just got even sweeter,” says Marci Raible, vice president of integrated marketing, Campbell’s. “From Green Bean Casserole to Mac & Cheese, we’re excited for the drop of the new Holiday Sides Collection which highlights the many recipes that feature our iconic can and spark menu inspiration for holiday hosts this season.”
Beginning Tuesday, November 7, the Holiday Sides Collection will be available to purchase for $35 each while supplies last on Phillip Ashley’s website.
America’s favorite side dishes
Campbell’s today released its 2023 State of the Sides, a food-focused report on holiday food trends, top side dishes and must-try recipes to celebrate the official start of sides season. The report surveyed 5,000 Americans who celebrate Thanksgiving to hear what recipes will be on their holiday tables.
Findings from the survey include:
- 67 percent prefer side dishes to the entrée, which is up by one percent from last year’s report.
- The most popular side dishes this year are mashed potatoes, stuffing/dressing, mac and cheese, yams/sweet potatoes and green bean casserole.
- 66 percent say that sides are a way to bring cultural heritage to the Thanksgiving table.
- Nearly 6 in 10 Americans will celebrate Friendsgiving in 2023.
Learn more about the ‘State of the Sides’ report at Campbell’s special website.