- 1/2 cup California walnut butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup California walnuts
- 6 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles, plus additional for rolling
- Place walnut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Mix with a rubber scraper to combine.
- Place walnuts in a small blender or food processor. Pulse until a fine meal is formed to make walnut flour. Add to the bowl along with flaxseed and salt; stir until well mixed and dough begins to form. Fold in sprinkles.
- Use a tablespoon sized scoop to portion dough into 18 pieces. Roll each portion gently into balls with hands and roll each ball in additional sprinkles.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Once set, transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy straight from the freezer or leave out at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften a bit before eating.
Recipe courtesy of California Walnuts