New York City’s BlissBomb, which specializes in baked mini donuts available nationwide, has launched three new seasonal flavors for winter. The company’s pastry chef, Tarran Hatton, views donut R&D the same as developing a plated dessert, and BlissBomb’s first quarter seasonals are great examples of that approach.
The new mini donut flavors include:
- Base: Black sesame, vanilla, sesame oil
- Glaze: White chocolate
- Topping: Black sesame, honey sesame crunch, Maldon salt
BlissBomb reworked the classic Black & White cookie with a savory twist. This black sesame-studded vanilla donut is enrobed in creamy white chocolate and topped with benne brittle.
- Base: Ruby red grapefruit
- Glaze: Ginger, grapefruit
- Topping: Crystallized ginger
This Heller Bros. grapefruit and ginger donut is topped with lively crystallized ginger, bringing a bit of brightness to the winter gloom.
- Base: Cinnamon churro
- Glaze: Dark chocolate
- Topping: Chili churro sugar and dulce de leche drizzle
This spicy cinnamon churro donut gives you the best of both dips – Spanish hot chocolate replicated in the dark chocolate enrobing, and a drizzle made of chewy Mexican dulce de leche.