New data from a UK gourmet brownie company has revealed the most popular baking trends on TikTok ahead of the return of The Great British Bake Off starting on Tuesday, September 21. Bad Brownie analyzed social data to discover the country’s biggest online baking trends, combining TikTok views and Google search volumes.
The study has revealed the top 15 baking recipes that were engaged with the most in 2021:
- Cloud Bread: TikTok view volume - 3,200,000,000
- Ice Cream Cake: 1,100,000,000
- Baked Oats: 833,100,000
- Churros: 757,200,000
- Cake Pops: 612,300,000
- Mug Cake: 530,400,000
- Sugar Cookies: 471,900,000
- Cinnamon Roll: 324,100,000
- Banana Bread: 300,900,000
- Lava Cake: 180,700,000
- Blondies: 89,200,000
- Nutella Cookies: 38,000,000
- Thumbprint Cookies: 896,600
- 3 Ingredient Cookies: 239,800
- Pizza Garlic Bread: 216,500
Cloud bread, the highest trending TikTok recipe, has taken the video sharing app by storm. The cloud bread hashtag has received 3.2 billion views and over 18,100 Google searches. The high-protein bread alternative is essentially a soft baked meringue, made with egg whites, sugar and cornstarch to get a fluffy and soft texture.
#2 was ice cream cake, with 1.1 billion views and 27,100 Google searches. #3 was baked oats with over 833 million views and a Google search volume of 40,500.