Cake pizza is a dessert trend that emerged in the United Kingdom last year and has finally reached the United States.
Contrary to what the name suggests, cake pizza is not a pizza. Instead, bakers use a special triangle cavity silicon mold to bake individual slices of cake. Each cake slice is individually decorated and completely customizable, usually containing pops of brightly colored icings, indulgent toppings and typically served with a cupcake in the middle.
A Cresskill, New Jersey company looks to take advantage of this growing trend. Kit2Eat, which offers a variety of convenient and fun DIY kits to make artisanal chocolate bars, truffles and pastries, is now offering a DIY Cake Pizza Making Kit.
The kit comes with everything customers need to make a cake pizza, including:
- 1 cake pizza silicone mold (8 triangles)
- 1 cupcake silicone mold
- 1 pack of Gold Medal Yellow cake mix (no artificial flavor or color)
- 1 reusable silicone piping bag
- 1 piping bag tie
- 1 disposable plastic piping bag
- 6 stainless steel icing decorating tips
- 1 bag of nonpareils sprinkles
- 1 pack assorted blue sprinkles
- 1 pack of confectioner sugar
- 4 primary food colors
- 1 bamboo skewer
- Vanilla extract
- 2 plastic spoons
“It is a new, fun and delicious way to serve desserts at all celebrations,” says Cecile Delannes, founder of Kit2Eat. “I am excited to add a DIY cake pizza kit to my collection.”