“Cake Pizza” is a cake trend that has emerged in the United Kingdom in recent months and Dawn Foods is already seeing reach the United States.
Contrary to what the name suggests, Cake Pizza is not a pizza. Instead, bakers use a special triangle cavity silicon mold to bake individual slices of cake. Each cake slice is individually decorated and completely customizable, usually containing pops of brightly colored icings, indulgent toppings, and served with a cupcake in the middle.
For consumers, this type of cake will be an especially important trend in 2021 as it allows for individual servings and complete customization – what each significant consumer wants for the year to come. For bakers, cake pizzas are also a great investment because they can be customized to fit the new needs of each season.
How to Make Cake Pizza
Source: Sweets & Treats The Blog
- Prepare cupcake batter according to the instructions on the batter recipe.
- Spray the baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ⅓ cup of batter to each slice in the pan.
- Remember that you will also need to make 1 large cupcake for the center of the cake, so if you want to, grab a cupcake pan and put ⅓ cup of batter in there as well.
- Bake 21-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- You’ll want 12 slices for the best presentation or less/more depending on your size of platter being used. If you’re using the pan we linked, you will need to repeat this process by making 4 more slices after the first 8.
- Cool slices/cupcake completely on a wire rack.
- Level off slices and cupcake if necessary.
- Frost slices and cupcake as desired. For additional color, cut the slices horizontally for a layer of icing in between layers.
- Decorate with sprinkles.