- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe Fresh California Avocado
- 3/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (62% cacao)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine chia seeds and water, set aside to thicken.
- Combine flour, ground flax seeds, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat butter and mashed avocado together until very smooth. Add in sugar; mix until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, then chia seeds and water (should be like a gel).
- Stir in flour mixture, then remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets, then cool on wire rack.
Formulation courtesy of the California Avocado Commission