Yield 20 cookies
- 8 oz unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 3/4 cup sugar, brown
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 cup all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 p pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cup granny smith apple, peeled, cored, & grated
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spice.
- Using a counter-top mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg, then vanilla - beating until incorporated.
- Alternate dry mix and apples and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop onto parchment lined sheet pans with a #20 ice cream scoop.
- Bake ~12 minutes at 325°F convection (350°F non-convection), or until barely golden around edges.
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar (powdered)
- 4 oz unsalted butter, soft
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp orange zest
While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting. Using a counter-top mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter & cream cheese. Slowly add powdered sugar and cream until fluffy. Mix in vanilla, salt, & zest. Spread frosting onto cookie tops with a spatula.
Formulation courtesy of Rebecca Bills, Marigold in Resorts World Las Vegas