- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8 1/2 X 4 1/2- inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl until combined. Add walnuts and toss to coat.
- Whisk together oil, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and egg in a medium bowl. Stir in zucchini.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Spread batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan and slicing.
Formulation courtesy of California Walnut Commission