- Butter 424g
- Granulated sugar 136g
- Egg 1000g
- Olive oil 80g
- All-purpose flour 1090g
- Cornmeal 272g
- Parmesan, grated 680g
- Salt 18g
- Ground cayenne pepper 6g
- Baking powder 50g
- Using a paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Blend the egg and olive oil; gradually add to the creaming mixture.
- Scrape the bowl and paddle.
- Combine and blend the dry ingredients. Add them to the bowl.
- Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Divide: Small biscotti: 450g Large biscotti: 908g
- The dough will be soft. Work on a generously floured surface.
- Form logs to fit the width of a sheet tray with ½” margins on each end.
- Bake: 350° convection oven until the logs have spread, cracked, and golden brown.
- With a serrated knife, slice the logs while they are slightly warm.
- Place the slices cut side down on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Toast in the oven until the slices are golden brown.
- Flip and toast more if desired.
Formulation courtesy of Mitch Stamm, Johnson & Wales University