Nearly a dozen recipes were featured, including savory and sweet recipes, with two local establishments receiving top honors.
Yuba City’s Sopa Thai Cuisine's Pineapple Prune Shrimp Fried Rice was the winner of the “Savory” category. Cilantro's Sugar Cookie Prune Custard Tart was the winner of the “Sweet” category.
Some of the other recipes highlighted include:
- Stephens Farmhouse -- Big Oatmeal Cookie
- Linda's Soda Bar – Amaz!n Orange Scones
- Sawyer's Sweet Spot -- Plum Almond Ice Cream
- Cilantro's -- Baby Back Ribs
- The Happy Viking -- Plum Diddlyumptious Wings
- Sawyer's Sweet Spot – Chocolate Covered Prune Caramel Pecans
“The Sunsweet family is always thankful for community members who gather to support Sunsweet in the Yuba-Sutter area, the location of our international headquarters,” said Jeff McLemore, Vice President of North America Marketing for Sunsweet. “Thank you to everyone who helped celebrate 100 years of delicious prune making and congratulations to all the outstanding chefs for their inspired prune focused dishes.”