Wetzel’s Pretzels is putting a twist on pretzels with the introduction of Twisted by Wetzel’s, a never-before-seen street concept that elevates its menu to an entirely new level. Twisted by Wetzel’s looks to satisfy today’s millennial and Gen Z generations through an expansive, innovative menu curated to provide an array of imaginative and elevated options.
Some of Twisted’s unique pretzel creations include:
- Twistz – Twisted and braided pretzel dough is stuffed with cheese and sprinkled with flavorful toppings. Selections include the Pizza Bomb, Wetz Coast Club or Triple Grilled Cheese.
- Dogz – The all-beef Wetzel hot dog guests know and love, now elevated. Options include the Baja Boardwalk – complete with jalapeños, green onion, slaw and Cilantro Baja Sauce atop a spiral bun – as well as Wetz Coast Classic, Sriracha Soul and Everything Bacon.
- Loaded Bitz – Wetzel’s riff on loaded fries. Sweet and savory pretzel bites drizzled and finished with inventive toppings. Options include S’mores Bitz – classic Bitz, smothered in rich chocolate fudge, mini marshmallows, graham cracker crunch and chocolate chips – as well as Bacon Ranch and Baja Elote.
- Topped Pretz – Wetzel’s traditional full-sized pretzels are topped with surprising flavors. Options include the Nashville Heat, covered in Wetz Cheese Sauce and dusted with Nashville spice, and the Maple Bacon, with a maple glaze and crispy bacon bits, among others.
- Pretzel Chimney Cakes – Pretzel dough rolled in sugar crystals and filled with creamy soft serve. Available in Cookies & Cream, Chocolate Brownie and more.
- House-Made Drinks – Refreshing lemonades, floats and more, like the sweet and tangy Mangonada, made with real mango frozen lemonade, chili lime seasoning and enjoyed through a tamarind straw.
“Twisted by Wetzel’s embraces the magic or our core brand and elevates it to a whole new level, providing a bigger, bolder, more imaginative expression of Wetzel’s,” says Kim Freer, chief marketing officer. “Building upon our legacy, we’re reimagining how and where these twisty treats are enjoyed. By bringing an innovative menu and engaging in-store experience to neighborhood locations, we’re making pretzels more fun and more accessible than ever before. We’re proud to debut this new concept in our home state of California, bringing our vision of a Wetz Coast Wonderland to life.”
The store design provides guests with a vibrant, immersive, 360-degree experience. It’s bright, energetic interior matches the brand’s fun, playful persona and its open kitchen highlights its heritage of artisan craftsmanship. Serving up the ultimate California vibe, the first Twisted by Wetzel’s location will debut this spring in Orange County.
“We’re always looking for growth opportunities for new and existing franchisees to evolve with Wetzel’s,” says Jon Fischer, chief development officer. “We’ve shown our ability to adapt to a variety of flexible formats, and the addition of Twisted by Wetzel’s helps us to unlock a powerful new pathway for expansion. Adding storefront locations to our portfolio allows us to bring pretzels to the people, wherever they are.”