- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Confectioner’s sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, mix together butter, sugar and flour. Press into the bottom of a parchment lined 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden then remove to prepare filling.
- Add a diced mango and lime juice to heavy duty blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and flour to combine dry ingredients. Next, whisk in the eggs, lemon juice, ¼ cup of prepared mango puree, and vanilla extract. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until no longer liquidy or jiggly. The bars will firm up more as they cool.
- Once cooled to room temperature, dust with confectioner’s sugar, cut and serve.
Formulation courtesy of Jocelyn Delk Adams of Grandbaby Cakes, via National Mango Board