Last year, in order to make life a little sweeter for high school and college graduates who faced difficult school years and canceled graduation ceremonies in the face of the coronavirus pandemic, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts introduced the “Graduate Dozen” to be made free to any high school or college senior.
Krispy Kreme is again celebrating college and high school seniors with the return of the Graduate Dozen from May 10-16, and on Thursday, May 13, any senior wearing “Class of 2021” graduation gear (graduation cap, gown, “Class of 2020” shirt, letterman jacket) can get the Graduate Dozen for free at participating locations.
Families and friends can also purchase the limited-time specialty dozen May 10-16 via drive-thru, in-shop or by ordering online at Krispy Kreme’s website or app.
The Graduate Dozen features fan favorites such as Original Glazed, Chocolate Iced with Sprinkles and Strawberry Iced with Sprinkles, along with the custom 2021 doughnuts:
- Chocolate Iced Kreme Filled – Filled with classic Kreme, dipped in chocolate icing and decorated with a “2”
- Original Glazed, White Iced “0” – An Original Glazed doughnut decorated with a white icing “0”
- Cake Batter Filled – Filled with Cake Batter Kreme, dipped in yellow icing and decorated with a “2”
- Strawberry Iced Kreme Filled – Filled with classic Kreme, dipped in strawberry icing and decorated with a “1”
- Yellow Iced Original Glazed – An Original Glazed Doughnut dipped in yellow icing and decorated with a white icing drizzle
“It’s been a tough year for this year's graduates, marked by virtual learning, canceled sports, limited school activities, altered or eliminated proms and non-traditional graduation ceremonies. But the class of 2021 persevered through it all,” says Dave Skena, chief marketing officer for Krispy Kreme. “We admire them, we’re proud of them and we want to celebrate all of them by giving them a special Graduate Dozen completely free at their local Krispy Kreme.”