On Wednesday, July 13, Tim Hortons restaurants across the United States and Canada will raise money for children attending summer camp. The company’s annual Camp Day will help to support thousands of campers in Tim Hortons communities.
Restaurant owners will donate 100 percent of the proceeds from hot coffee and iced coffee purchases to the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. Guests can also purchase a $2 Camp Day motivational bracelet available in four vibrant colors, with 100% of profits from the purchase being donated directly to Tims Camps.
Over the past four decades, the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps have raised well over $160 million that has helped more than 300,000 youth in the United States and Canada from disadvantaged circumstances change their stories for the better through a multi-year, camp and current eCamp-based program. Participants are equipped with skills like leadership, resilience, and responsibility, empowering them to open doors to their future
Seven Tims Camps across North America run year-round summer and school programs, including a hands-on digital experience over the last year, investing in youth across different Tim Hortons communities.
“Many of the young people we support have never had the opportunity to experience camp or travel outside their city or town. Our multi-day, overnight camp experiences are uniquely powerful in building critical skills in youth, and strengthening social ties and community connections that can help youth better cope with challenging circumstances,” says Graham Oliver, a Tim Hortons restaurant owner and president of Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. “We challenge young people. We help them see their best self. And we work with them as they carve a path towards the future they want.”
“The profound impact Camp Day has had in raising over $160 million in its history and supporting over 300,000 youth is a testament to the dedication and generosity of Tims restaurant owners and team members and the incredible support from Tims guests year after year,” adds Axel Schwan, president of Tim Hortons.
Here are the ways Tim Hortons guests can participate in Camp Day this year:
- Place an order for hot or iced coffee at a Tim Hortons restaurant, or through the Tim Hortons app for pickup or delivery on July 13
- On July 13, proceeds from the purchase of a Tim Hortons Take 12 — which includes 12 small coffees along with cups, dairy and sweeteners — are also being donated to the Foundation. Guests can fill out a pre-order form for a Tim Hortons Take 12 in restaurants so their whole work team or family can support Camp Day together
- Purchase a Camp Day bracelet for $2 in one of four vibrant colors, with 100% of the profits from those sales going directly to Tims Camps
- Round up any order to the nearest dollar in restaurant, or in the Tim Hortons app, with 100% of the donation going to support the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Make a one-time or monthly donation any time at www.timscamps.com