This formula, courtesy of Stratas Foods, provides a sweet idea for the upcoming holiday season and is perfect for customers who want to celebrate family occasions, or even catering events. The three most effective ways to prompt unplanned purchases in the bakery are sampling, coupons and eye-catching displays, according to the Power of Bakery 2019 report from the American Bakers Association and the Food Marketing Institute. Take advantage of the holiday season to add interactive sampling stations that trigger higher impulse sales.
- ½ ounce salt
- 1½ pounds powdered sugar (6x)
- 2 pounds BBS Soy Flex Shortening
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound cake flour
- 3 pounds hi-gluten flour
- ½ pound crushed nuts (pecans)
- 1 ounce orange flavor
- 1 ounce vanilla
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla; beat until well mixed.
- Add flour and pecans; mix low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 11 minutes.