1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin tins lightly with cooking spray.
2. Make streusel: Combine first three ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the 2 1/2 tbsp melted butter with a fork until mixture resembles moist crumbs; set aside.
3. Sift the 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Make a well in center of flour mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, blend milk, butter, and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until batter is evenly moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup of the raspberries.
5. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Top with remaining raspberries and sprinkle with streusel. Bake until a skewer inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
6. Cool muffins in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm, or store cooled muffins in airtight container.
Formulation courtesy of The Culinary Institute of America