- Ice the cake in white icing.
- Use a toothpick or pin to lightly trace the outline of a treasure map scroll into the icing around the outer edge of the cake. Do this before airbrushing and before the icing crusts over completely so that any mistakes are easier to fix.
- Apply the Pirate Skull Edible Image on top of the cake. Use a fine mist of water if the icing dries too much. Keep the mist only in the area where the edible image with be so it does not interfere with the airbrushing around the edge.
- Lightly airbrush around the top edges of the cake with LucksCLASSIC GOLD SHIMMER airbrush color.
- Mix batches of black and red icings using DecoPac Premium Gel in Black and Super Red
- Pipe over the treasure map scroll outline using a round #5 tip and white icing.
- Use red icing in a #5 tip to pipe an “X marks the spot” embellishment on the front side of the cake.
- Use a flat #45 tip to pipe the bottom border and finish the cake, as seen in the picture.
To order everything you need to decorate this cake, please click here.
Decorating idea courtesy of Lucks