Bakeries are not exempt from this retail avenue. The rise of online sales has had a profound effect on how they do business. Bakeries are selling their products online to reach more people, and with stellar results. Thanks in part to this additional revenue source, the baking business is approaching $50 billion in sales annually.
Major names in the industry have looked at ways to maximize the potential for online sales on Cyber Monday, including:
- Georgetown Cupcake – The Washington, D.C.-based cupcakery is offering a sweet surprise to online customers. They can pre-order for December using the code DEC2017 and will receive a 20 percent discount on the brand’s Christmas Collection of cupcakes.
- Three Brothers Bakery – Houston’s famous bakery specializes in pies this time of year, and it is offering 40 percent off its pecan and fudge pecan pies to customers who use the code ILOVE3BB at its website.
- Collin Street Bakery – The bakery that made its name on its world famous DeLuxe Fruitcake is offering two of them for the price of $51.50 or a regular size DeLuxe Fruitcake in a holiday gift box for just $31.95.
- Baked by Melissa – The mini-cupcake retailer is making it a Cyber “Fun”-day with buy one, get one 50 percent off on 25-packs of its holiday collections.
- Milk Bar – The rapidly-expanding bakery chain is offering free shipping on its smaller format baked goods.
- Insomnia Cookies – The late night dessert delivery pioneer is celebrating Cyber Monday with 20 percent off shipping orders with code COOKIES17.