Extra Crispy recently provided a recipe for Pie Crust Fries made from leftover pie dough. The fries make an excellent side dish, perfect for dipping in something sweet like chocolate, jelly, or syrup.
Here is the recipe for Pie Crust Fries, courtesy of Extra Crispy:
Leftover pie crust dough
Unsalted Butter, melted (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine and roll the leftover pie dough into one big ball.
- Flatten with rolling pin. It should be about the same thickness as pie crust usually is.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, slice the dough into 3- or 4-inch strips.
- Place on a metal cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. For extra buttery fries, brush on melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.