According to Travel and Leisure, Instagram recently dove into the numbers, and uncovered the 15 most popular bakeries and cafes that popped up on users’ feeds.
Many of these places stand out for their own unique reasons. For instance, Café du Monde in New Orleans earned the top spot on the list for being a major stopping point for locals and tourists due to its famous sugary beignets.
Here are the rankings:
- Café du Monde
- Voodoo Doughnut – Austin, Texas
- California Donuts – Los Angeles, California
- Georgetown Cupcake – Washington, D.C.
- Levain Bakery – New York City, New York
- Carlo’s Bakery – Hoboken, New Jersey
- Balthazar Bakery – New York City, New York
- Donut Bar – San Diego, California
- Spot Dessert Bar – New York City, New York
- Jo’s Hot Coffee Good Food – Austin, Texas
- Extraordinary Desserts – San Diego, California
- Leonard’s Bakery – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Tartine Bakery – San Francisco, California
- Five Daughters Bakery (12 South) – Nashville, Tennessee
- Randy’s Donuts – Inglewood, California
Most of these locations are found in major cities, which work to their advantage, but they’ve also managed to create high quality products that keep customers coming back for more.
Instagram continues to grow in usage, and that leads to a larger audience for bakeries looking to market to potential customers.