The right cream cheese flavor can really make a good bagel. Extra Crispy, a website dedicated to all things breakfast, knows this well. That’s why they’ve shared this excellent recipe for birthday cake cream cheese, courtesy of the food blog Layers of Happiness.
It is very simple to make, using Funfetti cake mix or your own recipe.
Yields: 8 ounces of cream cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup Funfetti cake mix
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- Before you mix up this glorious concoction, make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. This will make it easier to combine all of the ingredients together. To do this, let the cream cheese hang out on your countertop. About 10 minutes should do the trick.
- Once the cream cheese reaches room temperature, mix with a spoon until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the cake mix, vanilla extract, and rainbow sprinkles. Blend until the ingredients are fully combined, making sure there aren’t any clumps of cake mix.
- Spread your magical creation onto your favorite bagel. This flavor works especially well with plain and cinnamon raisin bagels. If you’ve got a real sweet tooth, try this cream cheese with a chocolate chip or chocolate bagel.