- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup plus 1 teaspoon raw cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup natural buttery spread with olive oil
- 4 cups white whole wheat flour plus additional for dusting
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ripe DOLE Bananas, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk 1 teaspoon sugar, yeast and ½ cup warm water (no warmer than 115°F) in bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached. Heat milk and ¼ cup buttery spread in a small saucepan over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until steamy (no warmer than 115°F). With mixer on medium-low speed, slowly add milk mixture to yeast mixture until incorporated. Slowly add flour; increase speed to medium and knead dough 3 minutes or until dough comes together.
- Knead dough on a floured work surface 2 minutes or until smooth and elastic; form into a ball and place in prepared large bowl. Lightly spray top of dough with nonstick cooking spray; cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat ½ cup sugar and remaining ½ cup buttery spread in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, whisking occasionally; pour ½ cup into prepared pan, and sprinkle with ½ cup pecans and half the bananas.
- Roll dough into 4 (20-inch-long) ropes on a lightly floured cutting board; cut each rope crosswise into 1-inch pieces. In large bowl, toss dough pieces and remaining ½ cup sugar-buttery spread mixture.
- Whisk cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining ¼ cup sugar in a small bowl. Add half the dough mixture to pan and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cinnamon mixture and remaining ½ cup pecans; top with remaining bananas, dough mixture and 2 tablespoons cinnamon mixture.
- Bake bread 30 minutes or until golden brown; cool 5 minutes in pan. Place serving plate over pan; invert to release bread.
Recipe courtesy of Dole Food Company