Red Ribbon Bakeshop, a Philippines-founded bakery brand offering an array of sweet and savory baked goods inspired by authentic Filipino ingredients and flavors, is open its doors in Pinellas Park, Florida on Friday, November 12.
The store marks Red Ribbon Bakeshop’s first location in the state of Florida and its 34th overall in US. The international bakery brand has over 450 total locations and was named to Technomic’s “Top 500 Chain Restaurants in the US” list.
The first 50 customers who spend at least $40 at the Pinellas Park location on Friday, November 12 will receive “One Year of Sweetness,” entitling them to a cake roll of their choice every month for one year. On both Friday and Saturday, the first 100 customers who spend over $40 will receive free bundles of six Butter Mamons, Red Ribbon’s top-selling pastry.
Red Ribbon is best known for its selection of beautifully crafted cakes as well as a lineup of delectable pastries. Among its top-sellers:
- Mango Supreme Cake – Made with the Philippines’ best mangoes, it features three layers of moist white chiffon cake filled with white cream and a golden, mango-filled glaze, and finished with additional mango chunks and topped with a maraschino cherry
- Ube Overload Cake – Made with real Philippine ube halaya or purple yam, it is covered with white cream frosting and bright purple ube cake crumbs
- Yema Caramel Cake – Soft, moist white chiffon filled and covered with yema (Philippine custard) caramel filling and finished with toasted cashew nuts
- Butter Mamon– A sweet pastry that blends moist chiffon and 100% butter
- Cheesy Ensaimada – Soft, moist bread topped with butter, sugar and cheese
- Chicken Empanada – Savory dough filled with chicken and a unique blend of spices
“Red Ribbon’s delicious cakes and pastries are what make holidays, family gatherings and special occasions feel complete for many of our Filipino customers,” says Agnes Briones, business unit head, Red Ribbon Bakeshop, Inc. “We love knowing that our delicious treats play even a small role in bringing people together, and we are excited to bring our unique take on traditional Filipino bakery favorites to Tampa Bay’s close-knit Filipino community, as well as introduce curious newcomers to our delicious offerings.”