Entenmann’s Donuts honored fathers and father figures who make an impact with its recent “EntenMAN of the Year” Father’s Day Contest. From May 10 through June 21, fans could nominate a deserving father figure (male or female) to receive the “EntenMAN of the Year” title in addition to other prizes, including free Entenmann’s Donuts for a year and a VIP all-expenses-paid Daytona Race Trip package.
Those interested in making a nomination filled out an entry form and provided a short response describing why they believe their nominee deserves the title at the contest website. Five finalists were chosen by a panel of judges to move on to the Voting Phase. Each finalist (whether the nominee or nominator) was asked to submit an original short video describing why they deserve the title, and fans voted for their favorite candidate between July 26-30.
The winner has finally been revealed, and it’s Michael Edwards from Independence, Missouri. Nominated by his wife for his selflessness and devotion to his two sons, Michael works tirelessly to give his family a safe and happy life. During the week he works multiple jobs to raise funds for a new, custom wheelchair accessible home for his kids and builds various devices to help with their medical needs, and on the weekends, he shares wildlife videos with his sons and helps care for their gerbils.
After being chosen as a Top 5 finalist, he shared an original video describing why he fits the mold for the first-ever “EntenMAN of the Year,” which fans voted on to help him claim the title.
Michael’s grand prize includes free Entenmann’s Donuts for a year and a VIP all-expenses-paid Race Trip package to attend races in Daytona, Florida, scheduled to take place in February 2022.
The Race Trip package includes:
- Four (4) Pre-Race Pit Passes, Cup Grandstand Tickets, Xfinity Grandstand Tickets, and Truck Series Grandstand Tickets
- Roundtrip Airline Flights for the Grand Prize Winner and three (3) guests
- Five (5) Nights Hotel Stay for two (2) rooms
- $1,000 Visa Gift Card, which may be used for trip expenses
- Nominee's name will replace the driver's name above the door of the #37 racecar for the race in Michigan scheduled to take place on August 22, 2021