Strong visual content on social media gives people a reason to follow, engage with and buy from you. Visually-appealing photos and videos not only give your potential customers a window into your bakery, creating a connection that will motivate them to give you their business, but also showcase your products in a cost-free way with great reach potential.
According to Twitter, people are three times more likely to engage with Tweets that include visual content. Additionally, Facebook posts with photos have been proven to receive significantly more engagement than those without.
So how do you make a lasting impact with your photos? Here are some tips from leading social media dashboard Hootsuite:
- Use natural light – If your image is too dark, it will be harder to see. But if it’s too light, that can be unappealing.
- Choose complementary colors – Use a color wheel to help you determine what colors look good together.
- Keep it simple – Make sure your visual is easy to understand.
- Don’t over edit – Subtlety is a good policy when it comes to filters and features. Also, if you plan to create quote images, stylized typography or use text overlays, less is more when it comes to word count.
- Add a logo if appropriate – Logos can be great for extra marketing in your visuals. By placing a small version of your bakery’s logo in the corner of the image, you let people know where it came from. It’s important to remember that good branding is noticeable but not obtrusive.
Videos can also do wonders for your business. According to Limelight, in 2020, people globally watched almost seven hours and 55 minutes of online videos on average per week, up 16% compared to 2019.
In a world that’s always in a hurry, short-form video content ranging from 4-30 seconds will continue to explode in 2021, thanks to the rise of platforms like Reels and Stories on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok and more.
Facebook recommends keeping your video length to 15 seconds or less so that people are more likely to watch until the end. Facebook videos auto-play, so you especially want to create videos that capture users’ attention within the first few seconds.
You won’t need expensive video equipment to record your videos. Most smartphones today can record videos of high visual and audio quality, and you can even edit them on your phone through apps in order to add text, music and more. However, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to invest in a tripod to stabilize your shots, a microphone if you plan on speaking in your videos and much like with your photos, good lighting is essential.