The International House of Pancakes (IHOP) is looking to make customers feel like kids again with its new lineup featuring pancakes and milkshakes mashed up with breakfast cereals Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries, and Fruity Lucky Charms.
Available now through Sunday, April 12, the Cereal Pancakes and Shakes menu uses ingredients that are both innovative and nostalgic. Some of these ingredients include cereal milk mousse (a silky cream that tastes like the sweet milk that’s left over after eating a bowl of cereal) and a blue vanilla sparkle sauce.
The full Cereal Pancakes and Shakes lineup includes:
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes with cinnamon spread, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, cream cheese icing, a crown of whipped topping, and cinnamon sugar
- Crunch Berries Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes with cereal milk mousse, blue vanilla sparkle sauce, Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries cereal, and a crown of whipped topping
- Fruity Lucky Charms Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes with cereal milk mousse, vanilla sauce, Fruity Lucky Charms cereal, and a crown of sweet purple whipped icing
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milkshake: Premium vanilla ice cream blended with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, topped with a crown of whipped topping, more cereal, and cinnamon sugar
- Crunch Berries Milkshake: Premium vanilla ice cream blended with Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries cereal, drizzled with blue vanilla sparkle sauce, and topped with whipped topping and more cereal
- Magical Marshmallow Kids Combo: One buttermilk pancake topped with vanilla sauce, marshmallow cereal, and sweet purple whipped icing, with one scrambled egg, one bacon strip, and one pork sausage link
- Berry-tastic Crunch Kids Combo: One buttermilk pancake topped with blue vanilla sparkle sauce, crunchy berry cereal, and whipped topping, with one scrambled egg, one bacon strip, and one pork sausage link
“Shortly after our test kitchen chefs first began playing with the idea of Cereal Pancakes, we served them to our guests in focus groups and one of the main things they told us was that it made them feel nostalgic for those Saturday mornings watching cartoons and eating cereal when they were kids,” says Brad Haley, Chief Marketing Officer at IHOP. “So, while some may see our new Cereal Pancakes menu as the antidote to the ‘adulting’ phenomenon that many grown-ups complain of today, we see them simply as the delicious combination of two of America’s favorite breakfast foods that we didn’t know we needed. What’s also cool is that they are just as fun to look at as they are to eat … or drink in the case of our new Cereal Milkshakes.”
“Cap’n Crunch is all about bringing adventure to the table, and we’re thrilled to embark on this new voyage with IHOP, another breakfast icon,” says Kristin Kroepfl, vice president and chief marketing officer at Quaker Foods North America. “We can’t wait for people to experience the Crunch they know and love through this creative and flavorful breakfast journey that helps remind people of the simple, delicious joys of Saturday mornings.”
“Our cereals are not just for breakfast with milk. Families love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Fruity Lucky Charms in a variety of ways throughout the day,” says Garren Hamby, Director of Foodservice Sales with General Mills Convenience & Foodservice. “We are excited to collaborate with IHOP to create the new shakes and pancake dishes for their guests and our fans to enjoy.”