- 1/2 stick - brown butter
- 3/4 cup + 1 T - honey
- 2 - eggs
- 1/2 cup - milk
- 1/2 tsp. - lemon oil
- 12 - sprigs of thyme
- 2 1/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup - sugar
- 1/2 tsp. - baking soda
- 2 T - lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp. - vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup - honey
- 2 T - butter
- 2 T - brown sugar
- Brown butter in small pot. Then add sprigs of thyme to butter. Let butter cool.
- Combine all wet ingredients and whisk. Sift flour before combining dry ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and add the butter. Portion into silicone bread molds with two scoops each.
- Bake at 330°F for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Make honey glaze by combining all ingredients together in a saucepan on low heat. Whisk until sugar is melted and everything is combined.
- After cakes and glaze have cooled, brush glaze on the top of cakes.
Formulation courtesy of Gracious Bakery for the National Honey Board