226 g of Bread Flour
14 g of Baking Powder
150 g of Sugar
76 g of Butter
4.5 g of Salt
150 g of Eggs
73 g of Honey
73 g of Bran
142 g of Van Leer Cocoa Niu Chocolate
142 g of Heavy Cream
113 g of Pineapple, small dice
1. Bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour this hot cream onto the Cocoa Niu Chocolate. Let this ganache sit for a minute and then stir the mixture to emulsify. Cover and set this aside.
2. Sift flour and baking powder.
3. Cream sugar, butter and salt on medium speed until mixture is smooth and light in color (about five minutes).
4. Combine the eggs and milk and add to the butter mixture in three additions, until fully incorporated. Add the honey and blend until just incorporated.
5. Add the sifted dry ingredients and the bran and mix on low speed until evenly moistened. Mix in half of the ganache that was made with the Cocoa Niu Chocolate, followed by the pineapple that has been strained.
6. Portion into muffin lined molds and bake at 375F until done.
7. Once the muffins have cooled, glaze with the remaining ganache.
Formulation courtesy of Van Leer