|Pillsbury™ Frozen Pot Pie Crust Dough (10090)||10 each|
|Sugar, granulated||2 Tbsp|
|Sea Salt, coarse||1 1/2 tsp|
|Sugar, granulated||7 oz||1 cup|
|Water, cool (approx. 72°F)||2 oz||1/4 cup|
|Cream, heavy||4 oz||1/2 cup|
|Butter, unsalted||4 oz||1/2 cup|
|Sea salt, coarse||1 1/2 tsp|
|Apples, diced||1 lb 12 oz||8 cups|
|Flour||1 oz||1/4 cup|
|Cinnamon, ground||1/4 tsp|
1. Thaw pot pie dough for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Combine sugar and sea salt in small bowl, set aside.
1. Combine sugar and water in medium size sauce pan; bring to boil and cook until sugar begins to caramelize.
2. Whip heavy cream into mixture a little at a time so it continues boiling.
3. Add butter and sea salt; boil again and simmer on low heat until volume reduces to half.
4. Add apples, cinnamon and flour and return mixture to boil; simmer until filling is very thick and the consistency of honey.
5. Cool to room temperature.
1. Place sticky side of pot pie dough down on prepared sheet pan; fill each 1/2 full with #12 scoop (approx. 3 oz) of filling.
2. Brush edges with water and fold over to seal; crimp edges with fork and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Cut 3 small vent holes to allow steam to escape and sprinkle 1/8 tsp sugar/sea salt mixture on each.
4. Bake until flaky and golden brown; serve warm.
Convection Oven* 375°F 20-25 minutes
Standard Oven 375°F 20-25 minutes
*Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 10 minutes of baking.
Formulation courtesy of General Mills Convenience & Foodservice