1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use a fancy specialty cutter to cut shapes. Bake and let cool.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Use airbrush colors to tint pastel batches of lime green, orange and violet icings (both run sugar and standard consistencies). Tint a small portion of blue standard consistency royal icing.
4. Use a #3 round tip to pipe outlines, as shown. When the outlines have dried slightly, use run sugar to fill using #3 tips.
5. Edible Image® Petites can either be applied to run sugar when wet—gently lay the image directly onto the wet icing—or when dry. For dry icing application, brush royal icing lightly with corn syrup.
6. Allow cookies to dry completely.
7. Attach Dec-Ons® decorations to dried cookies with a dab of icing.
To order everything you need to decorate these cookies, please click here.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz, Lucks