- Fashion cake pops from cake scraps and buttercream, then shape into balls.
- Melt a small amount of tinted chocolate. TIP: You may use dark chocolate as the base for the black-sugared cake pops; use oil-based candy colors to tint the remaining colors, or use pre-colored candy melts.
- Dip the end of a fancy candy stick into a bit of chocolate. Insert the stick halfway into the base of each large cake ball--the melted chocolate will help the ball adhere to the stick.
- Repeat this step until all cake balls are fitted with sticks. Chill pops thoroughly in the refrigerator for easy handling.
- When pops are chilled, melt enough tinted chocolate to fill medium bowls at least halfway. Dip a ball into the melted chocolate to cover.
- Before the chocolate sets on each, sprinkle—don’t dip—coordinated sanding sugars over the balls. TIP: Have sugars at the ready in a small bowl with a spoon.
- When all pops are set, attach skulls to pops with a small dab of melted chocolate.
To order everything you need to decorate this item, please click here.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz