Hundreds of pies in categories such as fruits, nuts, pot pies, and gluten-free were sampled by more than 200 judges throughout the two-day competition. This year, Baker’s Square of Nashville, Tennessee remained the top commercial pie maker, earning an impressive 25 first place ribbons.
“What an incredible array of competitors this year,” says Linda Hoskins, Executive Director of American Pie Council. “Our commercial bakers represent the best of the best in the pie making industry. They pulled out all of the stops to the delight of the judges and certainly earned their blue ribbons as the nation’s best.”
Other top commercial winners included:
- Legendary Baking, Denver, Colo. – 22
- Harlan Bakeries, Avon., Ind. – 17
- Rocky Mountain Pies, Park City, Utah – 9
- Southeastern Grocers, Jacksonville, Fla. – 8
- Publix Supermarkets, Lakeland, Fla. – 7
- Sam’s Clubs,Bentonville, Ariz. – 7
- Table Talk, Worcester, Mass. – 5
- Lisa’s Pies, Atlanta, Ind. – 5
- Westons Foods, Brownsburg, Ind. – 4
- Hard Core Pies – 3
- Sunset Grill, Clearwater, Fla. – 3
- Wayne’s Family Restaurant, Oconto, Wisc. – 3
- Albertson’s, Boise, Idaho – 2
- Wick’s Pies, Winchester, Ind. – 2
- Norske Nook, Osseo, Wisc. – 1
- World of Pies – 1
Open to pie makers in the U.S. and Canada, the APC National Pie Championships are judged based on appearance, taste, consistency, crust, and the overall product. The event is an opportunity for companies to get their pies in the spotlight, and substantially increase sales.
For more information on the American Pie Council, this year’s National Pie Championship winners, and the 25th APC National Pie Championships in 2019, visit www.piecouncil.org.