Saturday, November 26 is Small Business Saturday. It is a day to celebrate small businesses and all they do for local communities by supporting them with patronage.
Your retail bakery can benefit greatly from promoting itself in the days leading up to Small Business Saturday. Promotional offers such as discounts are a great start, but there are other ways in which your business can create buzz.
The U.S. Small Business Administration provides some excellent starting points in promoting for the big day:
- Social media – Promote yourself easily through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and any other venue that will make a good campaign.
- Use Small Business Saturday to help local charities with a portion of proceeds being donated to worthy causes.
- Offer perks like refreshments and in-store entertainment to customers.
- Host contests or giveaways that will bring in potential customers.
- Reach out to local media, such as radio and television stations.
- Use live streaming through Periscope and Facebook Live to reach your audience and share information in real time on Small Business Saturday.
These are just a few of the ways that your business can use Small Business Saturday to its advantage.
For more information on Small Business Saturday, visit SBA.gov.