A new Italian eatery, Juliet Ristorante, will open to the public on July 1 at 1500 Barton Springs Road in Austin, Texas. The highly anticipated mid-century modern Italian establishment will offer a menu featuring the freshest ingredients inspired by the bounty and creativity of Italy. Juliet features five distinct dining areas that seat 135 indoors with patio seating for 135.
Owners Neeca Leitao’s and Dan Wilkin’s vision for Juliet was to elevate Austin’s tradition of casual dining while maintaining the relaxed atmosphere that has come to represent Austin, creating an experience that appeals to the city’s locals and visitors alike. Austin chef Jacob Weaver, most recently of Asti, will be at the helm. His menu will combine modern iterations of traditional favorites like wood fired pizza, pasta, seafood, cured meats and steak with a rotating selection of daily specials while pastry chef Carly Rosmeissl (recently of Easy Tiger) will create an authentic selection of pastries, desserts and breads.
Dessert menu items include the following:
· Torta di Olio Oliva, olive oil cake, candied orange zest, vanilla mascarpone cream, blackberry thyme sorbetto
· Crostata di Cioccolato, chocolate ganache tart, lemon cream, pistachios, toasted meringue
· Sbrisolona, crumbly cake, almonds, peach jam, mint zabaglione, caramel gelato
· Cookie Plate, lemon lavender shortbread, peaches and cream, turtle biscotti, pignoli
· Torta di Ricotta, ricotta cheesecake, ginger cookie, blueberry compote, honey ginger gelato
· Tiramisu, lady fingers, mascarpone mousse, coffee cremeux, kahlua gelée, chocolate swirl meringues
· Watermelon Lime Sorbetto
· Fior di Latte Gelato
· Blackberry Thyme Sorbetto
· Chocolate Gelato